Happy Fourth! (A Party Preview)
It’s the Fourth of July! There’s a marathon of Independence Day on AMC tonight, which makes me indescribably happy. We also just made our monster-size grocery run in preparation for the party we’re having tomorrow night, since there’s nothing that says AMERICA like unbridled food consumption! But seriously, this place is decked out in Chinese-made decorations, and we’re ready to eat.
Here’s a little preview of the Lemon Icebox Pie (or, as we’re calling it, “The 99% Pie”) my roommate made this morning:
If you’re planning a feast for tomorrow, here are some other recipes I’d suggest checking out:
- Pioneer Woman’s bacon appetizers (my sister made these the other day, and . . . WOW)
- Lima bean dip (tastes great with pita chips; leave out bacon for vegetarians)
- Easy homemade yeast rolls from Your Home-Based Mom
- Trisha Yearwood’s coconut cake (I’m making this tomorrow!)
- Ginger lime sorbet, turned into a cocktail (from my friend Mandy at Fabric Paper Glue)
- Grilled Brussel sprouts from RoseMarried
- Garlic, parmesan, beer, and cheese dip from Tasty Kitchen
- Strawberry lillet cocktails from The Best Remedy
I hope you all have a safe, happy Fourth! Keep that fire extinguisher handy.